Insomnia is inadequate or poor-quality sleep lasting anywhere from one night to a few weeks. It is also called an inability to fall sleep. It creates numerous physiological problems over time. Interrupted sleep can dramatically weaken your immune system, accelerate tumor growth, cause a pre-diabetic state, making you feel hungry even if you’ve already eaten, which can wreak havoc on your weight. it can also impair your memory seriously.
So change some bad habits to take proper sleep:
1. Support your biological clock by going to bed early and getting up at the same time every day, including weekends.
2. Take Regular exercise which can improve the symptoms of insomnia, but it’s not a quick fix. It takes several months to feel the full effects. Aim for 30 minutes orbmore of activity on most days but not too close to bedtime.
3. Try to avoid heavy, rich foods within two hours of bed. Fatty foods can take a lot of work for your stomach to digest and spicy or acidic foods can cause heartburn.
4. Eat a small piece of fruit. This can help the tryptophan cross your blood- brain barrier.
5. Napping during the day can make it more difficult to sleep at night. If you feel like you have to take a nap, limit it to 30 minutes before 3 p.m.
6. Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed. While alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep, and nicotine is a stimulant.